Paige Sittner, ChildServe Occupational Therapist"The children that we work with have so much to teach us if we take the time to let them. I am thankful that I get the chance to learn from them and their families on a daily basis.”
Careers at ChildServe
ChildServe is a nonprofit organization committed to improving the health and well-being of children with special health care needs. ChildServe provides services to nearly 2,500 children and adolescents per year through pediatric rehabilitation medicine, home, community and residential care and support services.
Our primary service delivery area includes the 12 Iowa counties within a 50-mile radius of Ames and Des Moines. ChildServe's Inpatient Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine cares for children from all over the country.
- ChildServe leads the way in offering premier services to children with special health care needs in Iowa.
- We have been proudly serving children for over 85 years.
- Currently, we serve nearly 2,500 children and employ over 1,500 staff. We are constantly growing to be able to help more children live a great life.
- Medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans are available for full time staff.
- ChildServe makes learning fun by offering FREE, on-site training and development opportunities.
- Some positions offer flexible work schedules.
- Staff have access to reduced cost meals at our on-site Spirit Café.
- We employ friendly, team-oriented staff members who have a passion for making a difference.
- Staff work hard and play hard with the opportunity to participate in a variety of fun activities like Zumba, tailgating parties, and the Bubble Ball.
- ChildServe supports an environment where feedback is welcomed. Staff are encouraged to complete a confidential satisfaction survey annually.
- We encourage staff members to get involved in committees and activities outside their daily scope to keep “big picture” focused.
- We offer services at over 20 locations in the greater Des Moines and Ames areas.
- Our Johnston and Ames campuses offer state of the art facilities and equipment including expansive therapy gyms and a zero-entry therapeutic swimming pool.
- Seasonally, staff enjoy eating outdoors in the courtyard.
- We provide fully furnished, private lactation rooms with dimming lights for nursing mothers.
Apply Online Today!
Extraordinary happenings are ordinary occurrences at ChildServe. Each day, we see children meeting goals and beating the odds in ways others never thought possible. Our organization offers a variety of career paths and opportunities to help you grow both professionally and personally, whatever your skills and interests. Apply online today for the chance to join our mission-driven organization – we’d love to have you on board!
There is never a dull moment at ChildServe. It's ever changing and ever challenging. I love what I do– it puts a smile on my face and keeps life in perspective, and we do such great things here. What we do and how we treat children brings their care to a whole new level. We make sure they have the opportunity to live a great life. That’s what counts
Clinical Nursing Supervisor